As part of the Institute’s activities, courses are regularly offered for those interested in mastering the integrative developmental method of Michael Zarchin. Classes are held at both the Zarchin Institute and at external locations, such as Jerusalem College, Beit Rivka College, and Beit Yaakov seminaries, and can be applied towards receiving a teachers’ certificate or a degree in special education.
The course is designed for teachers and professionals in the field of learning difficulties who wish to acquire both new ways of thinking as well as powerful tools with which to solve problems in reading, writing, arithmetic and more. Students will learn the principles of identifying and solving a wide variety of learning difficulties based on Michael’s comprehensive and in-depth approach.
The course consists of over twenty weekly meetings (forty scholastic hours) and deals with the following topics:
- Michael’s story – including the origin of the method, its essential approach, and its achievements.
- The seven stages of learning development – how learning abilities develop in infants.
- Vision beyond sight – a deeper understanding of vision, the distinction between sight and mental construction, focusing the eyes, the interpretive function of the mind.
- Interpreting vision (vision within thought) – stages, elements and information processing in human thought.
- The role of support and emotions in solving learning difficulties – developing chemistry between therapist and patient, the required atmosphere for solving learning difficulties.
- Reading – diagnosing reading difficulties, what to look for before administering reading exercises.
- Reading – dealing with challenges to visual perception, how to solve problems in letter recognition.
- Reading – treating phonological difficulties and the inability to distinguish between consonants and vowels.
- Reading – treating difficulties in letter combinations, and in combining letters into words.
- Reading – helping a child who is unable to read fluently and precisely.
- Reading comprehension – the causes of reading comprehension difficulties and various methods for solving them.
- Writing – diagnosing and treating dysgraphia, solving problems of uneven and disproportionate handwriting.
- Writing – helping a child who is unable to express himself clearly in writing.
- Mathematics – the causes of basic difficulties in mathematics and various methods for solving them.
- Attention and concentration – the causes of attention and concentration difficulties, and various methods for solving them.
- Behavior problems – solving patterns of problematic behavior.
For more information, please call us at +972-50-420-0291 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gesell, Arnold et. al. Vision: Its Development in Infant and Child. Paul B. Hoeber, Inc. New York. 1949.
Getman, G.N. How to Develop Your Child’s Intelligence. Optometric Extension Program. Santa Ana, CA. 2002.
Getman, G.N. Perceptual-Motor Aspects of the Developmental Process. Remediation Associates. Van Nuys, CA. 1968
Getman, G.N. Smart in Everything Except School. Vision Extension. Santa Ana, CA. 1992
אמן, ד”ר דניאל. ריפוי ADD. שמעוני הוצאה לאור בע”מ, 2002.
דייוויס, רון ד. דיסלקציה כמתנה. Berkley Publishing Group, New York, 1997.
זרחין, מיכאל. השליחות שמעבר למילים: סיפורו של נער שגבר על הדיסלקציה. משרד הביטחון – הוצאה לאור. 2005.